Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running in the Heat

Workout: 30 minutes weights (arms) / 30 minutes elliptical / 1:30 front planks / 1:00 side planks / 25 lunges


Yeah, so I pretty much gave up on my squats. I have seriously been slacking in the planks/lunges department lately (Sorry El, but it's the truth...) and I'm trying to make sure I keep up with those. Maybe next month. Actually I've been slacking in the whole workout department it feels like. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. Been taking too many lazy days as opposed to rest days. This needs to stop.


Also, I need to start running more on the running trail. During the day. Which is miserable. I cannot stress how awful the heat is here. I mean, it's not too bad compared to how it is in July/August, but it's still pretty miserable. I'm so glad I'm leaving before summer hits, though. 


Anyways, I digress. I need to get myself re-accustomed to not running on a treadmill, and to running in daylight. So while it is hot, it's not the worst it could be, and I need to take advantage of it, and just suck it up. Maybe I'll drag out my Camelback from the storage area under my bed. (We got those for free in training. I love that thing.) Hydration is key to running out here. I'll try to do my long runs, since I'm am the world's worst self-pacer. So for my speed work, I need a treadmill. And it's as flat as board out here, so hills will also have to be done on a treadmill. 

So. It's decided then. :) I also am going to be running the 5K on February 20, for President's Day. Yay! I'm hoping to get my 28:00, but if not, I still have some time before I leave here. Wish me luck! 



I hope everyone has an awesome Superbowl Sunday. I will not be watching this year, sadly, but I will be checking ESPN as soon as I wake up tomorrow to see how it went. :) 


-Katy

4 comments:

  1. You can do it!
    I know the feeling (well, not the heat part...it's freezing here!) of being in lazy mode and just needing something to jolt me out of it to get out there and make things happen!
    Hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the hardest time forcing myself to do squats and lunges too. Write it down so you have to cross it off that you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with running outside! I'm sure you can do it! You're right, hydration is definitely the key! Maybe you need a workout mantra? Those seem to really help me...like "There are 168 hours in a week. I’m only asking for 7 of them" or "I’ve never regretted a workout."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hydration is key. I went out with Pete last night, drank a little to much and I know my run tonight is gonna suffer ugh LOL... gotta a live a little though! great work out by the way keep it up!

    ReplyDelete