Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Prayers, Swimsuits, and Being Naked

Workout: 30 minutes weights (chest) / 15 minutes rowing / 5 minutes ab workout


I made my way back to the gym today, woohoo! Had an awesome chest workout, then a not so awesome rowing workout. Well, I say not so awesome because it wasn't a great cardio workout. My arms/chest were just too tired by that point. However, it was a great secondary chest workout! Lol.


Came home and "iced" my leg. I didn't do any leg work, but it's still sore, so I used my Barbie ice pack.




Haha. I could barely feel it through my pants, so I put it directly on skin after this photo. It felt pretty nice. I also had a crappy brunch (since I slept until noon), so I was super weak feeling, and downed one of these, and felt much better after.




These things are THE BOMB. Yum. 


SO now, I have a request. My main squeeze is in Afghanistan right now, and I haven't heard from him in a few days. So I'm freaking out to include hyperventilating in my room kinda worried. Just keep him in your prayers. He's going to need it once I find out he's perfectly fine. And promptly kill him. And that's all I have to say on the matter, because if I think about it too long I freak out. So. On to something else.


I've been telling little lies. Mostly to myself. I have finally admitted to myself that I am avoiding the pool here on base because, honestly, I just get uncomfortable there. It's the whole bathing suit thing.


HOWEVER. It is not because I am uncomfortable with how I look in said bathing suit. I mean - don't get me wrong - I have a lot more ground to cover before I am where I want to be, but I'm seriously not here to impress anyone. I really do not care how I look out here. 


What makes me uncomfortable is being so UNDRESSED out here. I'm not the most modest dresser, I mean I'm from Florida and lived in Hawaii for 3 and a half years. Shorts and tank tops are a way of life. But for some reason, out here with the 800 billion:1 male/female ratio, I try to draw as little attention to the fact that I am a girl as possible. So being all uncovered makes me uncomfortable here. 


But. I need to swim. I miss swimming. And since I can't run, do the stairmaster, etc. this is what I'm going to face. Plus. I'll just go when most people are at work. :) Wish me luck to have a deserted pool tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you did 15 min of rowing today?! Meaning the erg right? Dang girl that thing is so hard, I am lucky if I last five minutes! I'll be praying for your fiance tonight!and im sure youll be fine even if there are people at the pool tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Shane finally got in touch. They had shut down all communication on his base for a few days. This deployment is going to be the death of me.

    And I am actually pretty good at rowing, it's just boring. Lol. My chest is super sore today, though!!

    ReplyDelete