Anyways! On to the topic at hand: New Year's Resolutions. Here is the time of year I usually make up some silly blase "goal" that I don't even really mean, just because everyone else has one, and break about 2.5 hours after waking up on January 1. But not this year. I already am filled so many goals, and so many ways I wish to change my life, this year it was super easy! So here goes nothing:
1. Quit swearing. Excuse the cliche, but I talk like a Sailor. It's really bad, and totally not classy. So I'm going to try to quit. This is not going to be an easy task. But goals aren't very much fun if they're not challenging! So here we go. Time to clean up my dirty little mouth for good.
2. Give up soft drinks. GASP! I already quit regular
3. Run. Seriously. I want to bounce back from this injury, and run. That's my goal. I may not be able to do any of the distances I was originally planning for 2011, but I. WANT. TO. RUN. I want to run with my boo, I want to run with my best friend, I want to run by myself. I want to run for fitness, for weight loss, for my sanity. I just have to stay positive, and learn to listen to my body more.
4. I want to learn how to cook/bake. I've never really been that interested in cooking, but I am now. I'm super excited about it, and even went out and bought an apron, so I can be a real housewife. Hello bonbons. :)
5. Enjoy the great outdoors. I mean, I'm going to be living in North Carolina. The possibilities are endless. But I'm looking forward to the hiking the most, probably. Plus. Trail Running! :) But, that goes back to the previous resolution. Staying on topic -ahem.
6. Take a month yoga challenge. I'll either love it or hate it at the end of that month, but at least I'll be able to say I did it! This will have to wait until I'm settled in North Carolina, though. I don't think I'm going to be in one place for a whole month until July! And maybe not even then. But, we'll see.
So. This is what I've got. I think it's going to be a wonderful 2011. (Actually I know it will be. I'm marrying my best friend.)
Have a great New Year!