Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tears and Drummers

Workout: 30 minutes weights (legs/shoulders) / 30 minutes elliptical


So I decided to get all up in the Christmas cheer this morning by listening to Christmas music on my iPod while on the elliptical. This was a bad idea of epic proportions.


At first, I was like "Heck yeah, this is putting me in such a good mood!!" But then I started thinking about the holidays, and realized cuz I seemed to had forgotten, that I was not with my family. Then I got sad. But I brushed it aside and started thinking about next year, and how it will be Shane and I's first MARRIED Christmas together, and all that jazz. Got a little bit more excited.


Then the song "The Drummer Boy" came on. Uh oh. This song makes me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear it. Seriously. Here is this poor little boy who is supposed to give the baby Jesus a present, and he doesn't have anything, so he plays him a song. And the baby smiles at him. Oh Lord. I'm tearing up again thinking about it.  So, here I am on the elliptical gasping for breath trying to will myself not to let actual tears fall. It was AWESOME. 


I don't think I'll do that again. Except for the Jingle Bell Jog 5K this Saturday. But that's actually ON Christmas. So, it's totally different. Totally.


Happy Holidays y'all. If you are with your family and those you love, you are seriously blessed. And I'm wicked jealous. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment