Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Intervals? Yes, please.

Workout: 25 lunges / 30 minutes weights (arms) / 1:45 front plank / 1:00 side planks / 2.5 mi in 26:00


Whew. I did, for the first time ever, intervals on the treadmill!!


Go me!


I ran 2 miles alternating 6.5mph and 7.0 mph each minute for 18:00 minutes. I hit 2 miles at 17:48. Then I walked at 3.5 mph until I hit 2.5 miles. So it looks like I went really slooooooow, but I didn't!!! I promise! I've never gone faster than 6.5 mph, so doing 9 whole minutes at 7.0 mph (even if it was not consecutive) is huge for me. I was sweating my little booty off. Janae, (my in my head BFF) would have been so proud with how many times sweat actually went into my eyeballs!


I had zero pain in my thighs! Yay! I did however have nagging, tight calves the whole time, but it was just sore, not injury painful. More of a nuisance, really. I really need to invest in a foam roller, though for now, the hair spray will have to work... Lol. 


Now I just need to shower, as proven by here:


Eh, maybe later. :)


Anyways, on to the eats. Here was my favorite meal:


I made my oatmeal differently this morning. I realized lately I have been eating a lot of the Apples and Cinnamon kind, which while delicious, has a lot of added sugar, so I shouldn't eat the flavored kind more than once a day at most. SO I used to regular kind, added my usual 2 splendas and teaspoon of flaxseed and found an amazing discovery at the galley that I didn't think existed...


Cinnamon.


In my opinion, you can never have too much cinnamon. So I poured a whole bunch in, and stirred. I found, you definitely have to add more water with the cinnamon and the flaxseed, but it was yum. :) I'll be trying to do this more than the flavored types, though I will probably still have those every so often as well... Lol.


The rest of the eats of the night were:
+Honey Ginger glazed chicken wing
+Apples and CInnamon oatmeal w/ flaxseed (this was at the beginning of the night)
+Rice with a little soy sauce
+Salad with cucumbers (Literally lettuce and cucumbers.....)
+Diet Coke
+Orange juice
+Oatmeal w/ flaxseed, 2 Splendas, and cinnamon
+2 eggs hard on toasted pumpernickel bread
+Grapes
+3 Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. (I demonstrated portion control. I'm literally so proud.)


Anyways, I'm off to shower and maybe get in a little Scrubs watching. I finished the fourth season of Big Love last night. I love that show. I've gotten two different people addicted since I've been out here in Africa. It's super fun!


Have a great day everyone!! Soon (once I'm back on days, which starts next week) I'm going to go around base and take some pictures and do a post about it. I forget sometimes that just because I hate it here, doesn't mean it's not interesting to others! Lol. 

10 comments:

  1. Your intervals are amazing!! I usually don’t go past 6.7 regularly. Great job on the meals, you’re doing a fab job at eating healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a huge fan of tredmill sprints... yet not a fan of running for the msot part. lol go figure!

    And yeah... there is no such thing as too much cinnimon! it's just not possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the awesome workout!! It sounds great. I am a cinnamon lover as well...I used to douse everything with it but for some reason have stopped lately. I need to start again esp since its so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Big Love! It is such an awesome show.

    By the way, I love the name of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove cinnamon! So good!

    And yes, I'd love to see more pictures of the base! I'm curious about your life there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intervals AND self control with girl scout cookies? good job girl! thin mints and me = BAD NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayyy I love intervals! Awesome job. Cinnamon is a must have in like, everything. Except maybe on broccoli, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, just found your blog :) Nice workout! I alternate between 5.5 and 6.5 when I run, so your workout would have been killer for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all of your eats looks really really good! I need to step up my interval running!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really proud of you for interval running 2 miles like that! it's so much better to do a 2 mile run intervals that a 4 mile run at 6mph! Way to go girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete