Saturday, January 8, 2011

Put Some Dang Clothes On!

Workout: 30 minutes elliptical / 50 crunches


I know y'all are probably sick of hearing me talk about Glee! but it's so dang addicting. I seriously didn't want to stop the elliptical at 30 minutes today. In fact looking back... I don't know why I did. Hehe. I probably won't next time. I was having a lazy day, and wasn't even going to go to the gym..... then I realized if I didn't go, I couldn't see the final Britney number.

No gym = No Glee! It's a rule.


I'm so glad I went. They performed one of my all-time favorite songs "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel the Glee! cast. Which means I was making a total fool of myself on the elliptical again.


Sigh. 


Then it was time to sit around on the internet in my smelly, sweaty gym clothes take a shower. Eventually. I mean. No rush. You know what taking a shower in a public locker room is? Take that, with 1/10 the space, and you've got where I have to take every single shower for 7 months. So forgive me for not really being in a rush.

Like today, I walked into the bathroom, and there in full naked glory is a girl in NO RUSH WHATSOEVER to get dressed. I mean, I'm not a prude, but when I have like 4 inches of space to squeeze by you and all your girly parts, I'd much rather you be clothed in a towel, than your birthday suit


It's not your party. And you can't parade around naked if ya want to.


Do you get annoyed by people hanging out naked in public locker rooms?


I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not hiding behind closed doors just take off my sports bra, but I try to limit the nudity to as brief a time as possible. I know we're all girls (or guys depending), but modesty goes a long way in my book. 


Do you have a show that your are OBSESSED with, and thus limit yourself to only being able to watch it at the gym?


I have many shows I'm obsessed with. Glee! is the first one I've put such restrictions on, but I think I might continue to use this method. Tis very effective.

5 comments:

  1. Love your no gym=no glee. Girl, I am obsessed with that show. I also love modern family, the office, dexter...okay I could go on for hours. I get creeped out when people are naked in the gym locker room if it is longer than like 30 seconds...they are just wanting people to see them. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shows that make workouts fly by! I haven't gotten into Glee yet but have only heard good things about it.

    Naked people in the locker room can be annoying if they're just taking their time like you mentioned...mostly it's just uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I definitely get annoyed when people just hang out in a public locker room, especially at the pool. I also can’t stand when people just hang out in the bathrooms at bars, especially when there is a long line. Get out of the way! Haha! I watch Xena every time I’m on the treadmill, and only then. It’s a great way to get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you the stylish blogger award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I don't do nakedness. I'm definitely the girl who would be hiding behind the stall just to change. It's totally different if it's girls I know (like my sisters or my college roomies), but just strangers... nuh uh, I don't think so, lol.

    And I so used to do that! I loved watching Rachael Ray and the only way for me to see it was by going to the gym since we couldn't get that channel on our TV for some really strange reason. Anyway, we've since moved, but it worked out well at the time. I have a treadmill at our house so I never have an excuse not to work out (even today when I'm snowed in). But if we had cable I would so bribe myself with shows I love, haha!

    ReplyDelete