Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleepy Girl

Workout: Ketllebell workout / New awesome ab workout / 1 mile in 9:13 (6.5 mph) / 30 minutes elliptical / 25 lunges

Totally awkward picture of me running that makes me look like I'm standing still....

I was beat today after my workout. It was an awesome workout, though. My kettlebell workout is like another cardio workout. My heart was pumping. 

By the way, if you have like a minute and want a quick way to get your heart rate up, do 25 lunges each leg. Seriously. It will also get you warm, and I know that most of America is experiencing really cold weather. (We are too. It was like in the 70's, and I had to wear a sweatshirt after nightfall. Brrrrr. Haha.)

And that ab workout? Kicked my trash all the way back to America. (I wish...) Holy cow, that was HARD. Ok, so maybe I just neglect my abs like 98% of the time, and that's why every muscle group on my body is getting beat into submission and I STILL have love handles.... But seriously.  It was tough for me. And my best friend said it was tough for her too. Though she used words like napalm, she's very descriptive. So if you're an abdominal PANSY like myself, try this out and feel the burn. 
Yeah. I took a picture of my sweaty iPod. I'm not weird or anything...

Then I ran my mile, which was heaven, and then hopped on the elliptical. I really got into my episode of Glee! and didn't want to stop, but I was so tired I was afraid of falling asleep on the darn thing, so I called it a day and went home.

What is goin' on with my elbow?!

And promptly slept for like 12 hours. When I had missed two meals, and my stomach was about to pronounce mutiny on the rest of my body, I finally gave in and went and brushed my teeth and made my way to the galley. I kinda doubled up my meal and ate breakfast and lunch together. 

Yummy.

I had:
+Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal with ground flaxseed. I don't put any Splenda because there is already enough sugar in the flavored packets. 
+Roast beef, pepperoni, and American cheese sandwich. They only have the sandwich bar open right now, so my choices were EXTREMELY limited. My bad for sleeping through the regular meal hours.
+Baby carrots.
+Diet Coke
+Peppermint herbal tea with 2 Splendas.

Looks like I'm on my own devices until breakfast. (Or dinner for me.) I have a few Special K bars, so I"ll be good. Tonight is going to be a night of laundry, internet, Scrubs (I just discovered this precious gem of show. Yeah, I know. I just crawled out from under the rock I've been living in.), and putting my movies on my hard drive. 

At some point I'll make my way to the gym. :) I hope everyone has a great day, and a wonderful weekend!!

Oh, and to clarify, I haven't signed up for the race yet, registration doesn't open until March 15. But I will sign up then. I have committed to this. I'm soooooo excited!!

3 comments:

  1. Your workout was intense!! :) Scrubs is hilarious! Love watching that show. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peppermint tea is one I havent tried yet! How do you like it? I have peppermint green tea from trader joes that is pretty good so I bet I would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG woman...awesome workout! LOVE the sweaty ipod, that happens to me too! Um, you are so gorgeous, love the pictures of you! That sandwich is calling my name. I think I am going to go sleep for 12 hours. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete