Saturday, January 22, 2011

Step Away From the Pasta Bar.....

Workout: 30 minutes weights (arms) / 25 lunges / 1:45 front plank / 1:00 side plank / 30 minutes walking on treadmill at 11% - 13% incline and 2.5 - 3.0 mph


Stupid crowded gym. All of the ellipticals were taken, and since I had been arguing with myself the whole time I was doing my lunges and planks whether or not I was going to even do cardio, I was super annoyed. Since I didn't want to run again so soon, I decided to crank the incline up and walk. Wow. My glutes are hurting. And this is coming from the chick who does lunges EVERY SINGLE DAY


I deem today: success.


I had another "I don't wanna go to the gym" day, so I promptly put it off until I knew I couldn't anymore and told myself, "I don't care what you wanna, get off your behind, and get there." And as usual, I got there, and felt so much better that I did. It's like I've said before.


I've never regretted an unwanted workout, but always regret an unplanned off day.


I feel so deep right now. It's creeping me out. Back to normal.


Here's some photos of my eats.


Don't you wish you had my frizzy hair and unplucked eyebrows? I know. You're super jealous.

That was my snack.

I also ate:

+2 eggs hard on toasted pumpernickel bread (Surprised, I know.)
+Mini blueberry muffin
+One biscuit with grape jelly (I'm southern. To completely take lard out of my diet would be like killing me of heartbreak. )
+Orange Juice
+Asparagus. This, as you will see in the picture, was more like sludge with a hint of asparagus flavoring. I LITERALLY almost threw up a little. But I wolfed it down since it was the ONLY vegetable I had on my plate at dinner.)
+Pear. Really juicy. :)
+Two chicken wings
+Spaghetti. I must have been craving carbs hardcore, because I saw this and almost started foaming at the mouth. It was gonna happen. I had no control over it. Haha
+Diet Coke.

Not the healthiest, but not too bad either. I'm ending Day 4 of zero candy, and that is huge for me. Especially since I didn't compensate with ice cream. Which is what I want to do when there is no candy. I'm beginning to believe exercise is strengthening more than my muscles, but my willpower as well. 

And I'm ok with that.

Have a great night everyone. :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for your success!! :) Your pic is cute! I love my candy too. It's so hard to say no to it, but you're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to spaghetti I tend to have no control either. Which is why I at least attempt portion control because I know either way it's going on my plate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you reminded me how much I miss Pumpernickel bread!! LOL Keep up the great workouts and thanks for the long comment on my blog :) i hope that things with you Boo are well :) "I've never regretted an unwanted workout, but always regret an unplanned off day." is so true!!! I love juicy pears too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job today!!! :) Congrats on no candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the no candy!! Walking on an incline is hard for sure...I always have to put the speed down!

    ReplyDelete