Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year of 2010... In pictures.

I have to switch to a night schedule, so I'll be working out this evening, and will post all about it later. Haven't had a chance to get to the gym the past two days, was stuck with 12 hour shifts and manning wouldn't allow a break. Sometimes life does get in the way. 

Plus, I had to watch my Gators win the Outback Bowl. Priorities, people. :)

Here is my life in 2010. We'll start at New Years. Went out on the town in Waikiki with my close friends and my favorite boy! All the girlies wore red. :)


The boys had fun too.


February was Shane's Birthday and Valentine's Day.


For his birthday I treated him to a weekend at Turtle Bay Resort on North Shore.


Valentine's Day we went out to dinner. And I guess I was really hungry!


March was my best friend Ellie's wedding, so back to Florida it was. 
We drank beer out of champagne flutes in the limo. Because we're classy like that.


The wedding was super fun.


and I love my godbaby.


The next few months were a blur, trying to get ready for my deployment, and leaving Hawaii.
I did make it to the fair, though.


My last photo in Hawaii after 3 and a half years!


Then, in June, I'm on leave! This consisted of driving from LA, California to Jacksonville, FL. Then down to Orlando for some Harry Potter and Disney World goodness!

First stop on the road trip? CHIPOTLE! 


My best friend, her husband, Shane and I at the Hog's Head Pub in Hogsmeade drinking butterbeer. I love Harry Potter something fierce.


Then Shane proposed here! And it was the best thing to ever happen to me!


If he loves me, he loves my football team!


Then in July I went to South Carolina for training.


So in August I could go to Djibouti. And light fires.


And meet the cast of The Boondock Saints.


In October I ran my first 5K. I'm in the green shirt.


And I finished!


Then I ended the year with chlorine in my hair.


All in all, it was a pretty great year. But this one will be better. I promise! Now I'm off to do boring deployed things. I'll be back later with a workout post.



6 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing year! Cant wait to read more in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a super great year!

    I look forward to reading more :)

    Happy New Year!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter world proposal! Congrats, I'm so jealous - I've been dying to go to harry potter world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter world is AMAZING. Seriously. You should go. We went the week after it opened, and it was SO crowded, but still rocked. I bet now it's like 800 million times better because there are less people. I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I loved Boondock Saints. Sean Patrick Flannery *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lived on Oahu?! I live there now! I would guess it was because you were in the Navy? Loving your blog! Only skipped thru a few of your posts so far but they're great!

    ReplyDelete