Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More Cowbell? Nope. Just Kettlebell.

I totally cheated on eating healthy tonight. We had a mandatory torture session going away dinner to attend tonight, and since I had to get up at 4:30 this afternoon to go to it. This translates into waking up 4:30 in the morning and going to eat a buffet-stlye food (which was mostly fried. I wish I were kidding.) and listening to people tell inside jokes that you are not clued in on.

It was a nightmare blast.

But oh well. I'm going to shrug it off, and focus on my workout after work, and then enjoy my two days off. See. Positivity. Pass it on. :)

I've gotten B.O.R.E.D. with my arm weights workout. It's not that it doesn't work- I am seeing really nice results- it's that I'm sick of it. My gym here on a base has a plethora of kettlebells, so I got to thinking.

Actually, I got to eyeing them suspiciously. Then glaring. All because they intimidated me, and I was a wimp.

No more.

I have found a workout here, though ou have to scroll down a little ways. Basically it is :

+10 Turkish Roll-ups
+10 Squat Jumps
+10 Double Arm Swings

I'm gonna give it a shot. I'll start with a 10lb kettlebell (that's the smallest one we have). Hopefully I survive and don't drop it on my head. :) I even convinved my co-worker to take some pictures! :)

Please let the gym be empty..... Haha.

Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about kettlebells lately, including that they are an AWESOME workout. I am interested to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a full kettlebell class over the holiday and LOVED it. The move where you do a squat and swing it through your legs then over your head really works out the hammies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 2 days off!! I’ve never used a kettlebell before, but I definitely want to try it. I’ve heard so many amazing things about them. Let me know how the workout goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of the kettlebell let me know how you like it! maybe I should go buy one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED to mix up my workouts every now and then — Not only does that make me more enthusiastic, but it also makes me try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I'm sure you will do great and definitely not drop it on your head! ;)

    ReplyDelete